Winter Truffle/wine/foie gras excursions:
An all inclusive week in the land of truffles and fabulous wines. Indulge your senses for seven decadent days and nights in Avignon and the villages of Provence:
- hunt black truffles in the hills of the Lubéron
- visit the Carpentras truffle market
- prepare truffles, foie gras, duck confit, smoked duck breast & decadent chocolate desserts
- shop the local markets
- taste exquisite chocolates in St. Rémy at the Chocolatier Joel Durand
- savor rich red wines (and perhaps some rare white) in Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- feast among friends
- hike the olive groves and limestone hills
- dine at our favorite restaurants, both simple and elegant
- explore Avignon, the city of the Popes, the villages of the Lubéron and the Alpilles
Beautiful accommodations in a private home inside the ancient Ramparts of the city of Avignon for seven nights included.
Feel free to email me any questions you have (see envelope image on bottom of page). Do let me know if you would like assistance with your travel arrangements.
To Pay, click here. Payment can be made by check, wire transfer or credit card. For bank information and address to send the first two options. Please email me by clicking on the envelope icon at the bottom of this page.
The closest international airport to Avignon is Marseille Marignane - an hour by taxi (expect to pay about 120E for the taxi ride).
Alternatively, you can fly into Paris and take the TGV to Avignon (the train station is located inside Charles de Gaulle airport). Be sure that you make one reservation for the plane and train, assuring yourself that if your plane is delayed, you do not forfeit your train ticket. The TGV station is a very short ride by shuttle to the city of Avignon.
The tour begins with a welcome dinner on the first evening (Sunday) and concludes after breakfast on the following Sunday morning.
Psst. It's even more fun to travel with a friend to share the experience.