Winter 2020 Truffle Tours
An all inclusive week in the land of truffles and fabulous wines. Indulge your senses for seven decadent days and nights in Avignon and the villages of Provence:
- hunt black truffles in the hills of the Lubéron
- prepare truffles, foie gras, fresh pasta & more
- shop the local markets like a local
- taste exquisite chocolates by top chocolatiers in the region
- savor rich red wines (and some rare white) of the Rhône Valley crus: Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Vacqueyras and Gigondas
- feast among friends
- hike the olive groves and limestone hills
- dine at our favorite restaurants, both simple and elegant
- explore Avignon, the city of the Popes and the nearby 2000 year old Roman-built Pont du Gard
$3000 per guest in double accommodation. $350 single supplement
Beautiful & convenient accommodations in a private home.
Feel free to email me any questions you have (see envelope image on bottom of page).
Payment can be made by check, wire transfer or credit card. For bank information and /or address to send the first two options please email me by clicking on the envelope icon at the bottom of this page.
The closest international airport to Avignon is Marseille Marignane - an hour by taxi (expect to pay about 120E for the taxi ride, though Uber has arrived in France and is now an option).
Alternatively, you can fly into Paris and take the TGV to Avignon (the train station is located inside Charles de Gaulle airport). Be sure to opt for a train ticket with an extended window and/or insurance so that should your plane be delayed (winter travel), you do not forfeit your train ticket. The TGV station is a very short ride by shuttle to the city of Avignon.
You might also consider a longer trip to France/Europe and spend a couple days in Paris or up north before taking the train to Avignon.
The tour begins with a welcome dinner on the first evening (Sunday) and concludes after breakfast on the following Sunday morning.
Psst. It's even more fun to travel with a friend to share the experience.