Winter Truffle/wine/foie gras excursions:
An all inclusive week in the land of truffles and fabulous wines. Indulge your senses for seven decadent days and nights in Avignon and the villages of Provence:
- hunt black truffles in the hills of the Lubéron
- visit the Carpentras truffle market
- prepare truffles, foie gras, duck confit, smoked duck breast & decadent chocolate desserts
- shop the local markets
- taste exquisite chocolates in St. Rémy at the Chocolatier Joel Durand
- savor rich red wines (and perhaps some rare white) in Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- feast among friends
- weather permitting, hike along the Mediterranean
- dine at our favorite restaurants, both simple and elegant
- explore Avignon, the city of the Popes, and Arles, rich in Roman History
Beautiful bed and breakfast accommodations for
seven nights at the nearby Bastide des Anges are included.
Dates for Winter 2016:
January 24-31 (Sunday to Sunday);
Feel free to email me any questions you have (see envelope image on bottom of page). Do let me know if you would like assistance with your travel arrangements.
To Pay, click here. Payment can be made by check, wire transfer or credit card.
The closest international airport to Avignon is Marseille Marignane - an hour by taxi (expect to pay about 120E for the taxi ride).
Alternatively, you can fly into Paris and take the TGV to Avignon (the train station is located inside Charles de Gaulle airport). Be sure that you make one reservation for the plane and train, assuring yourself that if your plane is delayed, you do not forfeit your train ticket. The Bastide des Anges is but 10 minutes' taxi ride from the TGV station, 1634, chemin des vignes - Ile de la Barthélasse.
The tour begins the first evening (i.e. Sunday January 24) and concludes the morning of your departure, (i.e. Sunday morning January 31). Some details may be altered should the need arise.
Psst. It's even more fun to travel with a friend to share the experience.